Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Birthday Cards....

Last night I got a call from my BFF, Dawn... She needs 2 birthday cards for Christmas Birthdays.. One for an adult, one for a 7 year old.. AND, can I have them done and bring them with me when I am down in Marshalltown for Thanksgiving... AND, gee, she would like a preview too!!!

So.. I worked my fingers to the bone and got them done last night.. The problem is that there is no natural light for pictures.. so the pictures aren't very good..





For the adult card.. I did a suspension card.. because I like these cards... They are fun.. Old Olive, Real Red, Black... Christmas colors.. check, birthday theme, check.. HOPE she likes it... check...






AND, then the 7 year old is a boy.. Karen knows that I don't have a ton of boy birthday stamp sets.. She knows this because every time she comes over to stamp birthday cards.. she comments on this.. Hey.. I have Hannah.. I don't do a lot of boy birthday cards.. I am trying to get better at it.. but looking at my stamp sets... I am not doing so well..
But I did come up with this.. It is from the retired set Penguin Pleasantries.. some Designer Paper from last year... Real Red and Old Olive again.. I "colored" some of the areas with Pearl Ex..





So there you go... 2 cards today..
Have a great Tuesday!
shawn

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your poor fingers, worked to the bone ... HEY, your poor patients, having you put those boney fingers in their mouths ... ewwwww.

But hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

Dawn said...

Sorry I'm so bad, but I thought it would be a challenge with Christmas birthdays and all....Thank you..........

Jeannie said...

Quite the challenge there with the suspension cards, but you did a great job - luv it!

Jeannie