Thursday, August 28, 2008

Charles Schultz Philosophy...

So Dawn sent me an email.. I just wanted to share with you.. It made me think, and I really liked what I had to think about for this!
Charles Schultz Philosophy
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the
"Peanuts" comic strip.
You don't have to actually answer the questions.
Just read straight through, and you'll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America Contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no
second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause
dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Easier?
The lesson:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the
ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are
the ones that care.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
in Australia."
(Charles Schultz)
shawn

3 comments:

Dawn said...

For what it is worth. It is one I've kept in my mailbox since 06 and I think it is worth thinking about every now and then........

Karen said...

I have seen this before but I got warm fuzzies inside when I read it again here. It's so true. Even though I actually could answer all those first questions.

(kidding, I am kidding!)

I like looking at it from the other perspective too - that I can have tremendous impact on someone's life by BEING one of those people who are an answer to one of the second set of questions.

Nice way to start the day.

shawn said...

I am guessing that most people who read my blog are people I would say are answers to the 2nd set of questions..
Although... I could answer a few of the 1st set of questions myself.. so don't feel bad Karen...