Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What I did this weekend.. and Hannah's 1st day!

Well, my Friday started out pretty good.. I have a hummingbird that has decided to come and visit me! I was lucky enough to snap this picture of him feeding.. I wasn't fast enough to snap another one.. but I was glad to get this one.. I keep watching to see if he will come back! My feeder is getting lower, so I know that he is visiting me!











Then we went to Iowa to visit family! Saturday Hannah and I got to spend the day with my BFF Dawn.. Or, as Hannah calls her, her "Fairy Godmother". Saturday we went to Ames, Iowa to shop and eat.. We made our usual stop at Hickory Park. This was the before Hannah spilled her pop all over the table! Which happened right after I took this picture!

After we shopped in Ames, we went back to Marshalltown to Messy Missy's. This is a ceramic studio. Hannah and Dawn made stuff.. Hannah made a cupcake jar, and Dawn made a leaf plate.
The staff at Messy Missy's will now glaze and fire the items, and Dawn will go and pick them up later. I am sure that Hannah's cupcake will get sent up soon! I will put pictures on after I get it! Loads of fun was had!












Then it was off to Dawn and Jeffery's. We got to see the kitties.. OK, we got to see 2 of the kitties! This is Wendell and Eli!
Eli will let Hannah hold him all day.. Wendell will walk by and look at you, might let you touch him but only by accident!







Then Monday Pat and I took Hannah to Valley Fair! I haven't been to VF for a really long time! I usually don't do rides.. and I hate heights.. but some how, they got me on all of the roller coasters! AND Tower Power!! I am not sure how that happened!!



Hannah and Pat went on a few extra rides that I didn't!! gee big surprise there! They even went on an extra water ride! They got just a little wet on this ride!! HAHAHA







But the big news is today! Hannah started school today! 6th grade at a new school! Each year we have been at this house, I have taken her 1st day of school picture here on the deck! A bit more casual today!
The report was she loved school! Loves her classes, loves her teachers! She did seem a bit worried about all the new stuff, but seemed to be handling it well!
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.. hope this makes up for it!!!
shawn

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, you packed a lot into the long weekend. Hannah looks so old. And Dawn's hair is REALLY short ;-)

Let's do coffee next weekend to catch up ...

Dawn said...

yes my hair is really short at the moment---you should see it in the morning--FUNNY