Saturday, August 9, 2008

Friday Bad News... and something cute!


Well, yesterday, Friday, we were driving home from Sam's Club. We were stopped by Seasonal Concepts, STOPPED I remind you, and this lady clipped the edge of my car! She said, "OH, it's just a little scratch!" Please notice the chunk of bumper gone! Thank God that Pat was driving and with me! I wasn't happy! No one was hurt, just my car! She was worried that her insurance was going to go up! HELLO!! My entire bumper will need to be replaced! YES your insurance will go up! YOU hit someone who was NOT moving! I didn't really talk to her! I was just too upset!
NOW, on the funny side of things.. I remember an email that Karen sent me.. about an accident with a dwarf!! It was a joke.. something about him getting out of the car and saying , "I'm not "Happy" and that was how the fight started... so anyway.. I wasn't happy, but at least I am not a dwarf to go with that! AND, I am glad that no one was hurt, it is only a car. There are a lot more things in life more important! (I am trying to channel Randy Pausch here). I guess I just think of the inconvenience that this will cause!
But on the cute side of things.. We have a turkey family that is staying close by! The male started off in our yard the other morning. I went to get the camera, because really, turkeys in my yard still is just awesome! He walked across the street and went over by the raspberry bushes.. I slowly tried to get a good picture of him, when I saw the second head.. They started moving toward the trees, when I saw the little one! You can barely make it out by the turkey on the left! BUT, it was SO cute! A turkey family!! I guess I never really thought about turkey families before! But right here! I am keeping a watch out for them.. I am hoping to see them again!
AND, I got my pre order Stampin Up stuff.. and my catalogs.. I am going to TRY to make some stuff this weekend.. NO promises, but at least I am going to try!
shawn

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Geez, just a scratch eh? NOT!

Glad everyone is OK.