Sunday, August 24, 2008

RAK.. and new phone...

Yesterday.. Saturday.. I got something special in the mail.. I got this really nice, wonderful card! It is from Michelle over at A Stamping We Will Go. She is my stamping friend from UP north in Canada.. It was such a wonderful surprise to get this cute card!!! Thanks Michelle!!!


Yesterday we also went to Sam's Club to get a new cell phone. The PINK one for sure!!!





But not for me.. it was for Hannah! We thought that since she will be starting Middle school, and all the baby sitting, and all the other things.. she needed to have her own.. Both Pat and I had at one time or another given her ours to use. She knows that she will be responsible for ANY text messages... and other charges..

I still think that she is a bit young..

but...

she got it anyway!!

shawn

4 comments:

Dawn said...

i saw that one coming miles and miles away :)

Karen said...

Ben & Ty are getting them this year, too. So I think middle school is the PERFECT age!

(theirs won't be pink, though)

Michelle said...

Yes, pink all the way!

Mama Ava said...

Even the most responsible kid overuses them at first. Stand firm on rules!

My sister-in-law require her (14 almost 15) year old son to charge his phone in the kitchen every night. She scrolls through his texts and randomly reads. He knows that it's his responsiblity to use the phone in line with family values and he also knows that he's responsible to manage the incoming content as well! I think it seems a bit intrusive on the surface, but a cell phone allows for communication in ways we never had and can provide a whole world that is inaccessible to parents. At these younger ages, I think that privacy is not the issue.

Cameron has one, too, and once he starts connecting with friends at school, we are going to start the same policy. For us its a definite safety issue with him riding a bike to school and sometimes needing to take a cab alone.

He doesn't have a fancy pink one, though.

Neither do I, for that matter.