Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shawn Johnson

Well, this post is NOT about me.. But it is about Shawn Johnson. For those of you who know me, might know that Shawn Johnson (the Olympic gymnast) is Pat's cousin. She is from Iowa and will be competing in the Summer games. She is the top contender from the US for the GOLD! We think that it is pretty cool that she is going. She has worked hard for this honor.
I have had a few people joke and say that they heard that I was going to the Olympics.. and I get a kick out of watching their facial expression when I tell them that she is related!
Well today in the Sunday paper, the USA Weekend has her featured on the cover! I thought it was pretty cool to have her there! I am sure that she is use to the publicity! But when you talk to her in person, you would never know that she is a world class gymnast.. OK, other than the fact that she is like 80lbs and just this little dynamo!!
Anyway... we at the Johnson household are wishing her the best!!
shawn

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think knowing you counts as my brush with fame. Only 3 degrees ...

1. I know you
2. you are married to Pat
3. Pat is her cousin!!!

I'm practically famous myself!

Michelle said...

Wow! That is very cool. Do you get to visit with her very often???

Taylor would sure love to meet a "real" olympic gymnast.

I will be watching for her.