Saturday, January 3, 2009

Questions...


As you may know.. I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I enjoy it.. mainly I am a hobby demo.. for the benefits.
Before I joined, my upline was really into having me on her team. She would say how she was there to help me.. blah blah blah.. Then when I FINALLY joined up (after years)... she also joined up with a jewelry company.. which she LOVES so much more than Stampin' Up!. WHICH means that she has no time for her downline. IN fact, I haven't seen or heard from her in over a year!! no meetings, no get togethers.. nothing!! AND when she did do meetings, they weren't even meetings.. they were stamping events!
So here is my big question that I am trying to decide. Do I quit Stampin' Up? I mean I have others who would love me as a costumer!(one who is a friend who signed up from one of my parties, my current upline, and just about anyone else in her downline, not to mention all the others that I have met) I wouldn't need to keep ordering stuff I really don't need, just to make the minimum... do I try to work the business? try to go out there and have tons of shows?? Which really isn't me??... Do I offer my discount to the people I know, just so that I make the minimums?? (Which I know I shouldn't do)...
Have I just lost the love with SU? There are so many other wonderful companies out there.. with great stuff too..
I like SU products.. but some of the moves lately have put me off.. the 2 catties a year!! that sucks!! I have a hard time learning the one.. and BAM another one is ready to come out!! AND NOT to mention the specials every other day!! OMG!!
So last night.. while I wasn't sleeping at 1:43am until 2:49 (when I quit looking at the clock).. I was thinking about this..
I haven't been stamping much.. sort of lost the mojo or whatever..
I really stamp just for fun... birthday cards.. thank yous... Christmas cards...
Do I really want to stay???
ANY help would be great!!
Thanks
shawn

3 comments:

Karen said...

I quit when it wasn't fun anymore. IN fact, that was the advice from my upline (Cherie M) - do it til it's not fun. Then quit! There is no need for angst, and, like you said, you can still buy from others if you have a need ... I had a good friend (who was in my downline) who stayed on as a demonstrator after me to keep my needs fulfilled, then by the time she quit you were doing it ...

When I signed on with Creative Memories I stayed way past the fun and as a result didn't take a photograph for two full years - which will be a forever hole in my children's memorabilia. I regret that.

Don't stay until you HATE stamping.

Just sayin.

Jeannie said...

I agree with Karen. If it isn't fun, and you're spending money you don't need to, then it's time to get out. I understand that they're a business, but I don't agree with what they put the demonstrators thru. I like Stampin' Up, but it's not the be all end all and there's lots of other fun stuff out there. This is easy girlfriend, and it's not worth losing sleep over!!

Jeannie

Mama Ava said...

I agree, even though I know nothing about Stampin' Up (although I'm always suspicious of things that end with the apostrophe as a mark of cuteness).

If you don't need the money to keep afloat, don't do it! Life is too short to do things that aren't fulfilling.

Although I had to laugh at your comment about not stamping very much lately, given the number of cards you posted here in the last month. If that's "not very much"...YIKES!