Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dream post... and only because I feel guilty...

OK, so I usually don't remember my dreams.. but maybe reading Karen's blog made me think of mine more closely.. who knows.. but I had a REALLY strange dream last night/this morning.. and I am only posting because.. well.. I feel guilty for not posting anything.. I mean I was on Karen's blog.. and she has this list on the side.. it tells when the last post was for different blogs.. well.. MINE is the VERY last one.. and it said I hadn't posted in 5 YES 5 days.. so.. I will tell my dream.. and maybe.. just maybe someone will tell me what it means...
So it started just normal.. same ole crap happening at work.. and for those of you who don't know.. I work in a dental office.. so really not that exciting.. but all of a sudden.. for some unknown reason I have to take my practical boards again.. that is where you have to FIND a patient.. and clean their teeth.. but it isn't all that easy to FIND a patient.. they have to have just the right amount of crud on their teeth.. and they have to be willing to have someone pick at their teeth, and have dental examiners look at them.. blah blah blah..
So I am all worried because I can't find a patient.. and for some reason I can't work unless I retake these stupid boards..
I keep looking everywhere for a patient..
I keep cleaning TONS of peoples teeth..
BUT none of these patients will work for my boards..
Then all of a sudden.. I am taking my boards with some patient who I have NO idea who they are.. or HOW they even got there.. BUT they have a TON of crud on their teeth... and I am working like crazy to get the teeth cleaned.. but all the work I am doing.. the stuff is still there.. and I can't get the teeth cleaned..
AND THEN I FAIL.. I mean not just FAIL.. but FAIL...
then the alarm woke me up..
SO what does that mean???
shawn

4 comments:

Karen said...

It means it's time to get a new job where you don't spend all your time looking at people's tonsils.

Just sayin'.

Either that, or it means that you are going to win the lottery next week (and you better share with me since I told you.)

Dawn said...

It means you are a serious Type A who thinks her best can't be good enough and who even though she is a very skilled and talented asset is underestimated and taken advantage of by her employer(s).

That or it is a middle aged version of the I was on break and came back to school and can't remember my locker combination dream.

shawn said...

Since we all know I am Type A.. and an over achiver blah blah blah... I think that I like Karen's idea.. that I should buy a lotto ticket.. I mean what it's 165 millon reasons not to think of work... or tests.. or whatever.. and with that I could take my wondeful friends on a really great trip somewhere WARM!!!!
Just sayin'!!!

Jeannie said...

You're funny! I have no idea what it means but of course if you do win the lottery I expect at least a visit to sunny and warm AZ!

Jeannie