Saturday, March 8, 2008

We Have Sea Monkeys...

Well, it happened.. the sea monkeys hatched.. we have a few little "brine shrimp" swimming around... {I said I would take a picture, but they are really little..} I checked the website for sea monkeys and found out a little about them. They are a species of brine shrimp known as Artemia NYOS. They can live for 2 years {just what I need}, they grow to be anywhere from 1/2-3/4 inch long in 4 weeks, AND, they breath through their feet and the adults have 3 eyes! Who knew?? I did have to move them into the main bathroom, because it needed to be warmer. I guess fishy things like it in there, that is where we had Hannah's beta fish too!

Stay tuned for pictures when they don't look like dust floating in the water!

Shawn

1 comment:

Karen said...

Who knew they even HAD 'feet' much less that they use them to breathe?!? And is that third eye in the back of the head so the moms can watch the babies??

I will have to come see them sincce you don't think you can get a good photo ...