Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm going crazy!!!

I love my daughter a lot!! And I LOVE my BFF Dawn a lot too!! HOWEVER... Thanks to my wonderful BFF and my darling daughter.. I am going crazy!!
As many of you know.. Hannah is obsessed with '80's movies.. She loves them..
Dawn.. being the Fairy Godmother that she is.. got her 2 movies for Easter.. She sent them a week or so ago..



Hannah is watching Ferris AGAIN!! This is the 3rd time she has watched this movie..
Now don't get me wrong.. Ferris is funny.. it's a great '80's movie by John Hughes! Come on.. how many of you would love to just blow a day off.. and do everything fun... AND get away with it?? I know you are all out there thinking of the movie and laughing.. WHICH I would be.. if I weren't watching it... over and over.. and over...
I mean how many times can you watch Matthew Broderick sing Twist and Shout?? OK, maybe you can watch it a few times..
And it is nice to see Hannah put people together.. Like...Jennifer Grey... (hey isn't that Baby???) and Charlie Sheen (the guy from 2 1/2 men....)



AND then there is Pretty in Pink... This is so '80's! Hannah has watched this at least 3 times as well.. (in 1 1/2 weeks...)
There is the scene at the prom.. you all know it.. Where Andrew McCarthy's Blane character tells Steff (James Spader) that he knows why Steff disapproves of Andie.. "you buy everything... don't you Steff.. and you couldn't buy her.. She thinks you're shit.. and deep down, you know she's right!" And where he tells her that he loves her.. And where Jon Cryer (Duckie) tells Andie that Blane isn't like the others.. and he "came here alone".. Hannah thinks that is the greatest!!..
If only it were that easy!!

Well.. all I can say.. DAWN... when you are here for the dental convention.. you thought that you were going to get to watch Buffy.. NOPE.. I am pretty sure that it will be all '80's.. all weekend... bring those stir up pants.. member's only jackets.. pop rocks.. jelly shoes... Rubik's cube... Reebok high tops... and be prepared!!

Oh, and to be fair.. I should note that the "Easter Bunny" got her a few movies too... The Breakfast Club, Flashdance... and Center Stage... (OK, this is a movie from 2000, but it's about Ballet...)And I think that he was looking for 16 Candles too!!....

shawn

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Wish I could share the movies with Hannah - luv them all, especially Flashdance!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Mama Ava said...

I love those movies, but in the pre-PG13 era, some of the language in them is...well, more than I like for my young teen's ears. I remember Breakfast Club especially.

Cameron watched Ferris Bueller last year and laughed at some of it but then gave it a so-so rating. After I let him back in the house he watched it with some friends and came to his senses and proclaimed it funny.