Friday, October 24, 2008

Sasha Update and new book...

Well, I was informed that some people had to read on my BFF's blog that Sasha was doing ok.. Well, I thought I had better update what happened.. Like I said before, when we adopted Sasha she had an upper respiratory infection. She was on antibiotics, and we thought she was doing well. After she was done with the antibiotics, she went down hill FAST!! She had her 1st vet appointment on Saturday.. and by that time, had not eaten since Thursday. She weighed a little over 5lbs on that visit. Dr Voss prescribed more antibiotics and said if she didn't eat by Monday, she would recommend coming in... Sasha may need hospitalization.. So we babied Sasha.. tried to force her to eat.. nothing.. So Monday night, Hannah and I took her into the vet again. We were lucky, we got to see Dr Voss again.. They weighed Sasha.. she was down to 4.5lbs.. and VERY dehydrated. I was told she was a "VERY sick little kitty". They said that they would need to keep her, and give her and IV and some strong antibiotics. They made no guarantees..
So Hannah and I left Sasha, not knowing if we would see her again.. I was a mess.. major tears..
But the Vet was great. I called Monday night.. she was on her IV and they had a humidifier pointed into her cage.. They would have someone there all night with her.
The next morning.. after a long night.. Dr Voss called to say that when she came in Sasha was eating like crazy!! She looked great.. She said she had some sores in her mouth and was giving her pain meds as well.. but if things went as they were, she could come home that night. She would call before she left for the day.. She called later to tell me Sasha hadn't stopped eating all day!! She was good to go anytime after 5!!
So Tuesday, Hannah and I went to pick her up!! TOTALLY different cat!! OMG!! She ate a can of cat food that night!! she was frisky.. and looked wonderful!! Wednesday she ate 4 1/2 cans of cat food.. and she was making up for lost time!!
So we have been spoiling the little sweetie since!! Sorry I hadn't posted..
Sorry no pics either.. Pat has the camera at work again!!




Which brings me to my newest book.. Barefoot.. so far, it's about 3 women who go to Nantucket for the summer.. all with different problems.. seems like an easy read.. will let you know..

So I haven't done much stamping lately.. but looked at some for my Christmas cards.. made a couple proto types.. will have to start soon if I want to be done before Thanksgiving...

more later
shawn

3 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you.

But I will still keep checking Dawn's blog for news.

:-)

BTW, I LOVE Elin Hilderbrand. Easy reads but oh-so-pleasant. I think I've read all of hers.

Michelle said...

Oh I'm sooo glad everything is OK. Haven't talked in a while - you know how that goes, but, now that I'm thinking of you & saying HI!!!

Dawn said...

Ok, I think I'd better work on my Christmas cards some more........