Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin carving and Christmas card


Happy Halloween everyone.. Last night Hannah and I carved the pumpkin.. OK, truth be told.. Hannah cleaned the pumpkin "guts" out, and I actually had to carve the pumpkin.. NOW.. I haven't carved a pumpkin in forever.. you will notice that there are no pictures of the finished product.. It wasn't that bad.. but I didn't want to show my lack of talent...
Anyway.. Hannah was having a blast!! Even getting "guts" all over herself!!
And today I actually stamped!! Yes, I know.. pick yourselves up off the floor!! Anyway... back to the card.. I had been wanting to try the dryer sheet technique and thought that "Home for Christmas" set would work great. I loved the set.. and got it.. but then I got scared of it!! That's a lot to have to color in!! But then I thought that if I used the dryer sheet technique and just highlighted a few areas.. well.. as you see.. I used Kraft, Handsome Hunter and Whisper White paper, Chocolate Chip ink, and Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Always Artichoke, Old Olive markers. Then it has Dazzling Diamonds on top! It really does look much better in person..
I really enjoyed doing this... except now I have adhesive on my fingers!!
I also did clean a whee bit in the stamping room.. I really need about 2 hours alone in there.. Not tonight.. waiting for the Trick or Treaters to come by...
shawn

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yeah Shawn! Good for you! Keep stamping! Card looks great!

I don't do pumpkin carving, that's Billy's job!!!! Yuck! That's what they did Wednesday night!

Have a super weekend!