Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18, 2009

Yup that is right.. I have a post.. I know I know.. it's been like forever.. What can I say...
Well I am posting today.. mainly because it is my birthday.. yup that is right.. the big 43 today! It doesn't bother me getting older. I know people might find that hard to believe, but really, I enjoy it. What is my other option?? OH, right.. death! So as I said, I don't mind it. Turning 40 wasn't a big deal, why should it be? And 43? Just another number.
I think that mainly, it doesn't bother me, because in my 43 years, I have found some wonderful friends! By best friend Dawn who I have known for years.... and my "newer" friends that I have here in MN... and my even newer friends that I found from blogging!(and if you are reading this.. that includes you...) So really I get to celebrate how fortunate I am.. how really lucky I have been.
Now.. that doesn't even include my super terrific hubby and daughter.. who in the last week, have had to celebrate Mother's Day... Which Hannah gave me the new Michael J Fox book, and Pat got me a shirt and jacket.. and we went to watch Hannah dance... and then Pat and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on Wed, May 13.. Which Pat sent me flowers at work.. and got me Channel #5!! And finally on Saturday we got to go to Kincaid's for dinner!!
So, I wanted to say thanks to every one of my friends today.. being friends with you is my bestest gift to myself! And isn't that what life is really about?? Your friends and family.. and the love you get from them???
Thanks for stopping by...
shawn

3 comments:

Dawn said...

ahh shucks what can i say

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday SHAWN!!!

Have a super day!

Jeannie said...

Awww....Happy Birthday Girl!! It sounds like you had a great day and I'm so very happy you did!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie