Thursday, February 5, 2009

WARNING... rant!

WARNING... RANT ALERT!!!

Don't you hate it when you are driving along and the idiot in the lane next to you decides that your lane would be great to be in? No turn signal, no notice just BAM.. AND they are probably on their cell phone too! I mean didn't they pay the extra $.25 for those optional turn signals?? Or didn't they remember that they are suppose to turn those on when cutting someone off in traffic!?!.
I am usually a pretty nice driver!!.. (usually)... If someone has a turn signal on, I will slow and let the in. I mean what happens if I don't? I get to my destination what?.. 15 seconds sooner???
And when you merge into traffic from a ramp?? HELLO ZIPPER EFFECT?!?!?! really people, it isn't that hard.. every other one..
And I am not sure why people have to look at a stopped car.. for what ever reason.. HELLO people.. they had an accident.. yup.. bumper is crunched.. yup.. they are having a bad day!!! Get over it and move on!!!





AND then there is the wonderful customer service calls.. you know the ones.. press 1 for blah.. press 2 for blah.. press 3 for blah... and if you think that you are EVER going to get to talk to a real person!! Not to mention those that give you the option of leaving a message, which will be returned in "2 business days"... Well I can tell you that if you EVER have to call MinuteClinic at their 1-866 number... be prepared to NEVER talk to someone..! I called on Friday.. pressed 4.. was on hold for 25 minutes.. when I thought that.. hey I will leave a message.. According to the recording.. someone would get back to me "within" 2 business days.. RRRRIIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!! so on Tuesday.. since I still hadn't heard from them.. I called again.. Again.. 28 minutes on hold.. (I was at lunch and just had the speaker on).. and then AGAIN... left a message.. OOOOKKKKAAAYYY!!! so on Wednesday.. after STILL not hearing back.. I went onto their website.. got an email address.. and was assured that someone would get back to my email with in the day.. so I emailed.. WELL.. Today is Thursday.. Let's just say that pressing "0" and strongly stating the facts will at least get you to a real live person.. AND a bit more complaining will actually get someone to call you back.. OK.. it was 3pm.. and I actually talked to the real person at 7:53am... but they still actually called me back.. and even followed up with an email..

Don't even want to talk about my day at work.. and the fact that I have to have my tooth pulled on Tuesday.. and the lab that won't even give a dental employee a discount.. but hey.. that's another rant...
I did hear that Valium is defiantly the way to go... and Pat did say that he would take the day off work and drive me to work and come back and pick me up..

Ok, thanks for reading.. hope your Friday Eve was better than mine!
shawn

4 comments:

Karen said...

WOW. Move away from the keyboard.

Perhaps we should have lunch tomorrow???? A 3-martini lunch????

Michelle said...

Sending hugz your way Shawn!

Mama Ava said...

Hannah and hubby--Put away all sharp objects and pour your mother a nice pretty Cosmopolitan. They're pink--and soothing.

Jeannie said...

Sheesh girl - if I was there I'd take you out for a bunch of adult cocktails! Breath deeply and know that we all have days like that. I hope your weekend is stress free and wonderful...luv ya!!

Jeannie