Wednesday, February 11, 2009

tooth update

Well to let everyone know.. yesterday I had my tooth extracted. YUP yanked right out.. YUP it hurt.. Yup it's annoying.. Nope nothing is there to replace it yet.. unless you count this little retainer thingy I have to wear.. that isn't real comfortable.. but does make it look like I have a tooth there..
I took 2 Valium before the surgery.. guess what?? didn't do a lot for me.. next time I am going for 3!
My lip was numb until 8:30 this morning.. Which is really strange.. the stuff was only suppose to last 12 hours.. but talking to Kristin (the assistant) this morning, she said that the doc used A LOT of anesthetic.. so I guess that is normal..
Last night I took some pain meds so I slept OK. And I am taking Advil today to help with the pain and to keep the swelling down..
And I got the day off today.. so that was OK..
Not much else to report..
I am thinking of making a red velvet cake for Valentine's day.. and if I can find red fondant.. I make may the one on Karen's blog.. will have to see...
That's about all..
More later
shawn

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Sounds like you're not doing too bad and I'm sure you're glad it's just over with at this point.

By the way - did you ever receive my package in the mail?

Jeannie

Karen said...

Ooh, take lots of pics if you make the cake!!!

hope your face feels better soon ..